Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goals

I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts while typing away or driving at work. In a conversation about goals, it was suggested that one's goals should get written down. If they are written down, they are not just a bunch of "wouldn't it be nice" ideas floating around in your head. So as we enter the second half of 2012, these are the things (in no particular order) that I want to accomplish before the end of December.

1. Finish the damn kitchen. Grout, tape, molding, prime, paint, caulk.
2. Weigh less than 200 pounds. I don't remember the last time the first number of my weight was a 1.
3. Run a 5k. Without slowing down to a walk.
4. Make another batch of Modernist inspired bacon.
5. Participate in one of the local food swaps. I'm thinking of trading Italian style sausage or pancetta.
6. Cure something out of the new book Salumi which comes out at the end of August.
7. Make pizza. I have sooo many recipes to try. Plus I've got to light up that Firedome.
8. Clean up the basement. It is currently a pit of despair. But just clean, not refinish.

I could probably come up with two more but this isn't a Top Ten list. Hopefully there are at least 8 future posts about reaching each of these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment