Friday, September 30, 2011

Another Birthday

This time it was my sister-in-law. We loaded up 2 families and headed over to Bombers in Schenectady to try the place out and drink a really big, free margarita. I really wanted to like Bombers, but the meal was just so-so. I had the Red Stripe jerk pork burrito. It was OK, but nothing special. It was a bigger version of a chain restaurant burrito. And the chips that came with it were cold and greasy. They might have been better warm from the fryer but I would argue Moe's has better chips than these. They don't skimp on the booze. The margarita was strong, we probably should have stirred it up a little more. Very nice presentation with a birthday sparkler going when it hits the table.

The space was nice. Service was very friendly. And they didn't balk at a large party including 4 kids early on a Friday night. We were gone before 7. Like I said, I really wanted to like the restaurant but was a bit underwhelmed by the food. I could definitely see how eating here as a college student late at night would be fantastic. Near UCONN, there was a legendary breakfast spot was great at 3 in the morning, but a little less impressive at 9. I'm sure at some point I will give it another try.

And I learned that my daughter 5 year old doesn't know how to hold her booze.


I'm kidding, Mom. She had a soda. My mother stops by from time to time. Happy Birthday Manders...

1 comment:

  1. way to bring business into my neck o' the woods! :D

    i think they're food tastes better if yr exhausted or wasted....kinda like Denny's

    ReplyDelete