Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Timing is everything

Over the past few weeks, there has been some pizza news out of New York City. Paulie Gee is a guy that started with a backyard pizza oven and a job he hated. He quit the job and opened a pizzeria in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The place is always packed and it makes a lot of lists of "must go to" pizzerias.

Recently Eater and Slice have had stories about expansion. I have been following the outside Baltimore location's progress since we visit that area annually. Sadly it might be easier to get to a Baltimore outpost than the closer Brooklyn location which is 165 miles from my house (can you tell I've checked?).

Paulie Gee is helping other pizza enthusiasts open their own shrines to pizza described as "A Brotherhood of Pizza Enthusiasts." How cool is that? Well, I'll tell you: It's. Too. Fucking. Cool.

Earlier tonight Paulie tweeted out the question, "Who wants to be me in Seattle?"

Another time, with kids not in elementary school, without having just moved into a new house, more confidence in my pizza skills...basically a few less excuses, I think I would raise my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment