Sunday, March 7, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words

I came across this cartoon awhile ago at Cooking in Theory and Practice.


I think it perfectly sums up a grocery shopping trip. With the idea of trying to get good, fresh produce in the house, I recently joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).The basic idea is that people buy shares of their local farms in the winter, and then get weekly boxes of farm products as they are harvested. Most of them in our area offer 20 weeks of produce.

After looking at a bunch of options online, I selected Jus-Lin Farms. I am hoping the kids get into trying new things that they help cook with the produce from our weekly box. There was also an option for farm fresh eggs - every week, or every other week. I went every other week.

My youngest daughter said today, "I want it to be summer. It has been winter already for a loooong time." She wants to go swimming in a lake that is currently frozen. This CSA is just another reason to look forward to warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment