Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Best Condiment Ever

It's funnier if you read the title of this post with the Comic Book Guy from the Simpson's voice in your head.

I first had this sauce while on my honeymoon in Hawaii. A bottle is on almost every table. An ice cream scoop shaped ball of rice is served with just about everything and this sriracha goes very well with a bowl of sticky rice. I bought a bottle after the trip, but I kind of drifted away from the sauce. When I was exploring the not-so-new-anymore Asian market on Central I saw a bottle and had to have it. Since then, I've seen it on shelves in Hannaford, some Price Choppers and Target.

I've been putting it on everything: burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, a pink but delicious chicken salad, pizza, pasta, mixed with sour cream for dipping quesadillas - the bottle is on the table almost every night. I didn't grab it once and my daughter ran to the fridge to get it. My latest guilty pleasure is adding some to a good olive oil I picked up at Different Drummer's Kitchen in Newton Plaza. Then I sop it up with Mastroianni Italian bread. You know, because 4 out of 5 doctors recommend eating half a loaf of bread before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment