Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Arrivals at Price Chopper

Every so often, I get an email from Price Chopper letting me know about some new products or an event. The first thing I would have been interested in knowing about and not a word from whoever send the emails....I was hurrying through the Latham Price Chopper and this new display in the meat section caught my eye. Several small shelves filled with D'Artagnan products. I had wanted to try some of their stuff during the Charcutapalooza challenge, especially since they were nice enough to offer participants a discount each month. I never got around to it. Couldn't believe I was looking at their stuff in a Price Chopper. First shelf, Jambon de Boyonne ($7.49 for 4 oz.), small container of duck fat ($5.99 for 7 oz.) and a duck leg confit ($7.99 for a 5 oz. leg). I bought a package of the ham.


But wait, there's more....smoked duck bacon ($10.99 for 8 oz.) and more duck legs confit.


And still more... lamb merguez, saucisson de canard and wild boar sausage (each $5.99 for an 8.5 oz package).


A bit on the pricey side but my hope is that the products are of very high quality. Wow, duck fat and duck confit at Price Chopper. Color me impressed.

Completely off topic side note: All Over Albany did a nice little write up on the Schenectady Curling Club.

And last but certainly not least... Happy Birthday Ma!

5 comments:

  1. Are you a member of the curling club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Been playing since 2000 and I still haven't gotten it right. This year I am in a Tuesday night league and sub every so often on Mondays. I'm glad the score of our game last night wasn't in the picture on AOA. We got crushed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! P-Chops is trying to keep up with Shoprite (Shoprite has all that stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a package of the andouille at the Latham Chopper....price was good and I can't wait to try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know Shoprite had all that stuff. I only get to pop in to the one on Central. Hardly ever get the chance to really shop there.

    I'm with you llcwine. They look good.

    ReplyDelete