Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mmmmm, Beer.

Since it has been hot lately, I thought it would be nice to have some beer in the house. I usually don't keep much beer around. I tend to stock up for a party, then slowly drink whatever is leftover. Last week I was in Price Chopper looking for a Saratoga Lager they serve at the curling club. It was there, but a six pack was close to 10 bucks. Then I saw this mini keg of Newcastle. Five liters for $19. A twelve pack of Newcastle was around $16. Not a tremendous saving (I think it is like 2 extra bottle), but there is no bottle fee and the keg is recyclable.

I picked it up and have been enjoying pints while screwing around on the computer. In case you pick one up, be warned that the spout drips a little bit after a pour. I tap it to get a few extra drops of beer into my pint glass and keep a plastic cup under it. The keg says the beer will keep fresh for 30 days. Luckily, that will not be an issue.

Cute and beer don't really go together...but this thing is cute. Hopefully beers other than Heinekin will follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment