Friday, March 25, 2011

Canadian Bacon & Eggs

A little while ago, I made some Canadian style bacon. This week, one of dinners was "Breakfast for Dinner." Kids love it and I actually prefer breakfast foods a little later in the day. I got around to making some of the egg/bacon/bowl-type things I had planned to make back when I cured the pork loin.

Spray a little cooking spray in the muffin cups you are going to use. This helps with the clean up significantly. Put in the Canadian bacon - I went with 2 pieces in each up. Then put an egg on top of the bacon.


Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes and you'll have essentially a poached egg in a bacon cup. I had a few other things going on and these went a little longer. These are more of a soft to medium boiled egg in a bacon cup. I'd prefer the poached stage and would shoot for that next time.



They actually came out pretty good. Currently, this is my favorite way to eat this style of bacon. The bacon seems to come out dry other ways. Will definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment